Monday, January 11, 2016

French Toast Bake


This is insanely delicious. I used to believe that there should be a law that does not allow you to mess with cinnamon rolls in a can. They come already seasoned. You pop the can open with a spoon or smash it against the side of the counter, because let's be real you can never pull the paper off and it pops. Kind of like the macaroni and cheese box that tells you to push that triangle at the top of the box in and pull back. If you have ever been able to do that successfully without using a knife or scissors please comment below. I have NEVER been able to do that and I used to go hard core on some macaroni and cheese after school. Give me some spiral with butter and a splash of milk mixed with that yummy powder. Call me gross if you want..That stuff was great!

I Digress.....

Oh and Trader Joe's Cinnamon Rolls....Yeah I can eat 3 in one sitting. It's madness! If you haven't tried them yet you are missing out on life. They need to be eaten at night, in front of the TV, in your pajamas or yoga pants. And you cannot feel guilty about eating them. Because moderation people...mod-er-a-tion.

Luckily you can use this recipe and also eat them in the morning because you need to buy two packs..Why?? Because you will hate your life if you just buy one. My Trader Joes is far. Like get in the car and drive 20 minutes far. At least that's far to me. 

Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls knock my socks off too, don't get me wrong. I will go hard with those too. But to me those are breakfast only Rolls. They both work so pick your poison favorite.

This French Toast bake adds the richness of butter, eggs, and milk to the mix. Then topped with the yummy frosting right when it comes out of the oven. 
I've tried this recipe with Trader Joe's Cinnamon Rolls and Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Trader Joe's are a bit bigger and have a more cinnamon taste. Either one will work. 



 French Toast Bake

1 can cinnamon rolls 
1/2 C. milk
1 egg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp. butter (I used Land O Lakes) 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and put in an 8x8 Pyrex dish or whatever dish (similar size) you have with sides. Mix milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and egg together. Open can of cinnamon rolls and slice each roll into 8 individual pieces. Place all the pieces in the egg and milk mixture and stir to combine. Put into the 8x8 dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until brown on top and done in the middle. Heat frosting that came in the cinnamon roll pack for a few seconds in the microwave. Pour over the French Toast. Serve warm. 

You can top with roasted pecans or walnuts and/or add some hot maple syrup if you really feel naughty. 

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. As I'm reading this, it's like I hear you saying these exact words to me in person and I'm 😂😂😂 so hard I've broken into my wheezing laugh. Then I stop and ask myself "why hasn't she brought this awesomeness to work to share with her favorite team???" Feels shady to me....

    ReplyDelete