Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kids say the darndest things..


I teach 1st grade, and I love it soooooooo much! Those little ones are super sweet and they love their teacher (ME!) 

Every morning we have meeting time and they can tell me/share with the class one thing. Well this morning was super funny. My little students believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc. In 1st grade they also lose a lot of teeth, which leads them to believe that the Tooth Fairy visits them. They all share every time someone loses a tooth and how much the Tooth Fairy brought them.

I swear next year I am going to keep tabs on this by creating a chart.
(mental note)

Well one of my sweet babies lost his tooth the other day. He came in the next day during morning meeting and said that he put his tooth under his pillow and the next morning it was still there. I told him not to fret. Sometimes the Tooth Fairy gets really busy because a ton of 1st graders lose their teeth and she can't always make it to everyone's house. He smiled and another student chimed in and said the same thing happened to him. The next day he came in and wanted to be the first one to share in morning meeting. He was really excited because the Tooth Fairy came last night and put $20 under his pillow. Gotta love that parent Tooth Fairy guilt! I was cracking up laughing. I could totally see myself doing the same thing!


1 comment:

  1. Hey I lost 5 wisdom teeth and I think the tooth fairy got it backwards cause I got a bill saying I owed money... What happened? Do you know the tooth fairy and can you let him know hr mixed my payment up

    ReplyDelete