Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Peach Pie


These yummy peaches were a part of an amazing and quick dessert that I made last week. I had some peaches that were in the fridge. I wanted to make something with them; smoothie, cake, fresh fruit salad......but none of that seemed appealing at the time. I am a big fan of the blog How Sweet It Is. The writer is from Pittsburgh, PA. This amazing city has a special place in my heart. She made and amazing Ginger Peach Galette with Almond Crust. I wanted to recreate this with my own twist and ingredients. I didn't have time to make a fresh pie crust so I just used a frozen deep dish one. I took it out of the foil pan it came in, and rolled it out until it was 1/4 thick and kind of circular around. 


My yummy Peaches!! 

Ingredients:

1 deep dish pie crust

3 peaches peeled and sliced
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 egg + a few drops of water (egg wash) beaten together
1/4 c. of your favorite nut, chopped. I used walnuts
1 tbsp. sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine peaches and next 3 ingredients together. Mix well and set aside for at least 10-15 minutes. Roll out pie crust to 1/4 inch thick. It should be kind of circular around but there is not a particular shape that it needs to be in. Place dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Put the peaches mixture in the center of the of the crust leaving at least a 1-2 inch border. Fold the crust over the top of the peaches leaving the middle exposed. Brush the crust with the beaten egg wash and layer with you favorite chopped or sliced nuts. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. of sugar. Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is browned and cooked underneath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment