Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Shrimp Tacos


I made these shrimp tacos out of shear desperation for something quick and easy. It's hot here in Texas and I some days when the temperature is 100+ degrees, I don't feel like turning on the oven or slaving over the stove. These shrimp tacos are fresh and easy to do. I used a cast iron skillet to heat the tortillas. They taste much better than just putting them in the microwave or eating them straight out of the package. 

Ingredients:

Your favorite taco seasoning (I used Penzy's Fajita Seasoning)
1 lb. shrimp
3 tbsp. olive oil
8-10 yellow corn tortillas
2 c. shredded cabbage
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
Salsa
Limes

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Coat shrimp in taco seasoning. I like it spicy so I add about 3 tbsp. of the Penzy's seasoning. Cook shrimp in skillet until pink and cooked through. In a black cast iron skillet, warm tortillas. Put 4-5 shrimp in one tortilla. Top with cabbage, salsa, and lime juice. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I need to make shrimp tacos again soon. Those tortillas look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so good and quick! The tortillas are amazing when cooked in the black skillet.

    ReplyDelete