Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Salsa Chicken




This chicken is so flavorful and there are only 2 ingredients, chicken and salsa! (and maybe a little olive oil) My friend P-diddy told me about this and I really wanted to try it. She said she only tried it using the Trader Joe's brand salsa, and since I love that salsa SOOOO MUCH I knew I needed to make this. 

I used 3 defrosted chicken breasts. Put in a pan with a little olive oil and saute on both sides for 3-4 minutes only to brown. Add 3/4 of the salsa jar to the pan, put on med-low heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is fully cooked through. Once cooked, take chicken out and shred with a fork. Put the chicken back in the pan with all of the salsa juices and add the rest of the salsa from the jar to the pan. Mix completely and let simmer for 10 min. on low. That's it! 

This is so easy! Once the chicken was done I put it in a stand and stuff taco shell, added some cheese on top for the hubby, and baked in the oven for 8 minutes on 400 degrees. He devoured three of them. 

I am sure you could probably use another jar of your favorite salsa if you can't get a hold of the Trader Joe's brand. I haven't tried it with anything else but I am sure it would probably be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment