Thursday, August 8, 2013

Make Me Over

Makeup can transform a face. With highlighting and contouring....you can go from trash to class. LOL!
There are a few beauty tools that I keep in my stash. I try to at least wear mascara, blush, eyebrow powder/pencil, and gloss everyday. Some days I don't wear a thing 'cause I'm lazy like that. Here is what keeps me classy.

Mascara
L'Oreal Voluminous
I LOVE this mascara. A friend of mine told me about it and I have worn it ever since. I have tried Clinique, Estee Lauder, etc. and this by far is my favorite. I really want to try this one:
Dior Show
But I heard that it doesn't even compare to L'Oreal.

Here is one of my favorite bloggers review on mascara: The Teacher Diva.

Blush
When it comes to blush I love Clinique. They have really good colors for my skin tone. I love their True Bronze Sunkissed. It's not too brown, with just the right hint of pink. There are tiny sparkles but not enough to make you look like you just played with your 5 year olds sparkle set.
Clinique True Bronze in Sunkissed
Eyeshadow
I am hands down obsessed with Urban Decay's Naked Eyeshadow palette. It has amazing colors and can be used for day or night. I know a lot of people who use this and it is the only one they swear by. My amazing 1st grade team purchased it for me for my birthday and I LOVE it. It comes with a little wand and pot which is an eyeshadow primer that you put on before you apply the actual eyeshadow. I only use a tiny amount on both eye since I have oily skin.
Urban Decay Naked

 Lip Gloss
It took me forever to find the right lip gloss. I tried different ones from low end to high. I used Nars Turkish Delight for a long time but then I decided it was time for a change. I found myself applying it way too much. It didn't stay on very long. I tried Clinique's chubby stick but they have more color and the nude look just isn't their forte. They have a lot of pinks and reds but not enough browns and nudes ....but that's just my opinion. I went to Sephora and bought their brand lip gloss and I am in love. It goes on nicely and doesn't have that sticky feeling. My favorite is Shiny Natural Look (14).
Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gloss
Foundation
I don't use foundation or powder. When I am going out on the town I will use Clinique's Stay-Matte Foundation in Sand. I hate the shiny look and my face can get oily. It's oil free which is exactly what I need. It has great coverage and there really is no need for a powder finish.
Clinique Stay-Matte Foundation
Cleanser
For cleansing all of this crap off I use the Clinique Acne Skin Care line. I use the cleansing bar soap instead of the cleansing foam (in the picture). I don't have a lot of acne but I feel like it really helps my face and keeps it tight. Get it right get it tight!
Clinique Acne Skin Care
Those are pretty much my basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment