Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fort Worth Stock Show Saturday

Last weekend my mother, nephew, and niece went to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. We weren't originally planning on going to it....we actually wanted to go to the parade but we are really glad we made the directional mistake. This was our first time to go to the Stock Show in Texas. We have been to many in Harrisburg, Pa, where my mother is originally from. It was fun to take the kids and show them the animals up close and personal. It is really crazy how close you can get to the animals.
It was really informative and very kid friendly. I definitely recommend anyone in the DFW metroplex to check it out. I've seen some coupons on Groupon as well.
Ryan showing how cows chew. Isn't he adorable with his cowboy boots!




RAILHEAD


This food is from one of my favorite BBQ restaurants in Fort Worth. It is right down the street from the Stock Show and the line was wrapped around the building. Railhead is named one of the best BBQ spots in Fort Worth.

The prices were really good and they give a generous discount, 25%, to military, police, and fire.

This picture is the plate that I got for $9.30. It is the sliced beef dinner plate. They give you sooooo much food. Even my hungry butt couldn't finish this plate. Yes the fries were amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment