Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snow

We have been diving into SNOW! Not here in Texas.....but in my classroom. Lucky for me it snowed on Christmas day here in the DFW so my little southern students were ready for me to teach them with a snow theme.

They have been working hard on their writing these past few weeks. I've been blog and pinterest searching for some pretty awesome ideas to include in my lesson plans.

from The First Grade Parade


Here are some of the maps and anchor charts we worked on in the beginning of January. We read the Hat and The Mitten by Jan Brett. I LOVE these two books! The Mitten is perfect for introducing pairs or counting by twos. The Hat was really cute and the kids loved how all of the animals wanted to follow along with the main character. Jan Brett's books are pretty amazing.

BIG shout out to The First Grade Parade for these wonderful charts.

The next couple of weeks were all about Penguins so look our for those posts coming soon.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment