Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lobster Quiche

This sounds pretty weird but trust me it is really good. Lobster is not something that I just keep in the house just to have around like toilet paper and eggs.........I actually got it on a really good sale at the local grocery story.

Here's how it went down- My mother-in-law always tells me to check the circular.....you know the papers that come in the mail weekly that highlight the adds at the local grocery stores. Well I just so happened to actually look at it and low and behold there was a sale for lobsters. Buy one get two free. Say What?!? So I made my happy little way over to the grocery store to find out that everyone and their momma heard about the sale and there were no more left. Lucky for me I got a rain check. I put them in the freezer until I could figure out how I wanted to cook them. The first was this amazing quiche.

I'm not big on measuring when I am creating things so I am just going to make some approximations for this recipe.

2 lobster tails and claw meat (discard shells)
3 artichoke hearts in oil (jar)
8 oz. spinach (excess water drained)
2 eggs
3 egg whites
1/2 c. swiss cheese
1/4 c. feta cheese
1-9 in. pie crust (I used deep dish)
1/4 stick butter
salt and pepper to taste

Turn oven to 350. Place pie crust in oven for 5 minutes to slightly brown. Remove and let cool. Chop up lobster meat, artichokes, and spinach into fine pieces. Place 1/4 stick of butter into large skillet to melt. Saute meat, artichokes, and spinach until coated and butter seems absorbed. Turn off heat and let cool. Wisk eggs together and add cheeses. Pour egg and cheese over mixture in skillet to combine. Stir together and pour into pie crust. Bake for 25 min. or until eggs set. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.

The quiche will be puffy but will fall down and cave in as it cools.  

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment