Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pinterest Day!

I have a few recipes on Pinterest that I have been wanting to try. I thought it would be a good idea to make the recipes on Father's Day and invite everyone over. The menu was:

 

(says pinterest)
 

Salad with a yummy Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
 Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette #recipe
Broccoli



This was an amazing meal and everyone loved it. There were a few adjustments that I would make to some of the pinterest recipes

1. Crack Potatoes- I would only add 1 envelope of the ranch dressing/dip to the potatoes. They were really salty and with the bacon and cheese there is really no need to add a lot of seasoning. 

2. Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies- Be sure that you refrigerate the dough. It comes out sort of like cake mix and it definitely needs to be refrigerated to harden a little. Once I put a few on the pan to bake I immediately put the dough back in the fridge. When mixing I added unsalted butter instead of margarine and I made sure that I creamed the butter and cream cheese very well before adding any other ingredients. 

3. Garlic- I ran out of garlic so I had to use garlic salt instead. Everything turned out ok but I didn't add any salt to the recipes that called for it.  Has anyone else noticed that the price of garlic is rising?

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment